Stellate has a few limits you need to be aware of.
- The maximum response size that Stellate can handle right now is 133MB. Responses larger than this will trigger an error from Stellate.
- The maximum response size that can be cached is 10MB. Responses larger than this will be passed through to your backend API.
- The maximum response size which can be purged is 10MB.
- The maximum response size of a mutation that will end up in purging is 10MB.
- The maximum timeout of request to your origin is 5 minutes.
- The maximum query size (including variables) is 60 MB. If you need to send bigger payloads, e.g. a file upload, please use a Content-Type that is not
- The maximum query size which we can process is 40KB. Anything bigger than that will be passed through to your origin without Stellate being able to cache it. For reference: The introspection query has a size of about 1KB.
There is no limit on how many requests you can do at the same time.
We currently do not cache empty responses. The reason for this is that our current implementation tags responses with the
__typename, which in the case of an empty response would not be available. As such we wouldn't be able to tag the response properly and neither would we be able to purge it via the Purging API.
Updated 4 months ago